Silverlight 1.1 Setup
Date Published: 13 June 2007
I’m working on getting Silverlight 1.1 working in a VPC. A good guide for this stuff is available on the Silverlight.Net site.
First, I installed the Orcas Beta 1 VPCwhich I got from MSDN. Then I went and found the base image I needed after encountering an error the first time.
Once this was up and running I installed:
- Silverlight 1.1 Alpha – Available Here
- Silverlight 1.1 SDK – Available Here (it’s just a ZIP not an install)
- Silverlight Tools Alpha for VS Orcas – Available Here
- Blend 2 May Preview – Available Here– Adds Silverlight Project support
- ASP.NET Futures (May) – Available Here– Adds some Silverlight ASP.NET Controls
Pretty much all of this stuff is available on the Silverlight.NET GetStarted page, which is nice.
Steve is an experienced software architect and trainer, focusing currently on ASP.NET Core and Domain-Driven Design.